Los Angeles Rehab CenterCommitment to becoming sober is important to making the rehab program work.
Choosing The Right Rehab Center
Nowadays, there are thousands of treatment centers across the United States. And if you live in Southern California, Los Angeles has several facilities you can go to for rehab, which also offers different treatments. However, that also means people’s experiences will vary. What worked for one might not work for another. That prompts the need to do some research first on choosing the right Los Angeles rehab center. And that’s because a patient’s treatment plan should be tailored to their needs and experience.
Here are some of the steps you should take in choosing the right Los Angeles rehab center.
Decide your rehab goals and needs.
As mentioned before, no one treatment works for everyone. And that you must know exactly what you want to get out of rehab. Furthermore, every rehab center has different specialties. And even those with the same specialties may even differ in their methods and how they measure success. By outlining your goals and needs, you can narrow down the places you’re considering.
To determine your rehab goals, first, decide what substances and behaviors you aim to recover from. Next, find out if there are any other medical conditions you also want to be treated for. This is important because often, some mental or behavioral disorders can co-occur with addiction. Lastly, consider what success means to you. Maybe you’re aiming to stay sober for 30 days, six months, or a year.
Consult with a professional
After outlining your goals and needs, the next viable step would be to consult with a professional on addiction to explore your treatment options. They could be a therapist, counselor, or a social worker. They usually have access to a vast network of specialists or facilities to recommend to fit your needs.
And while there’s nothing wrong with searching on the Internet, there’s a chance you’ll find spam listings online or unlicensed centers. To be safe, you should get a recommendation from a professional. They can likely connect you to a treatment provider who will give you the information you need about their programs.
Investigate rehab center options
If you have a list of Los Angeles rehab centers, due diligence is needed to research them. Either check their websites for more information or call them. Licensed centers should be more than happy to answer any questions you have. There are also some factors you can take into consideration while doing your research.
Factors To Consider
For addiction, there is no one-time cure. Instead, like other chronic diseases like diabetes or heart disease, a patient needs to undergo treatment. Drug rehab, thus, is crucial for those who want to be sober and turn their lives around for the better. This is where rehabilitation facilities come in. These are institutions that are highly qualified to give them the care and support they need. Not only that, but also provide follow-up care to avoid relapsing back into addiction.
- Type of rehab program. Meaning do they offer residential or outpatient programs or even both. Depending on your needs, you can choose from either one.
- Specialties. Each treatment center has its own specialty, for example, alcoholism or patients with dual diagnoses. Their success rates may also vary among their specialties. So take care in checking what specialties your chosen rehab offers.
- Treatments and therapy options. There are many treatment models and therapy options that each rehab center may employ. It would be helpful to research these different types if you’re unfamiliar. Also, consider that a rehab center should offer full treatment, including detox, counseling, and aftercare services.
- Amenities. Some Los Angeles rehab centers offer luxury amenities, while others provide just enough basic accommodation to help their patients recover and receive treatment.
- Cost. You, like many others, might be put off by the cost of treatment. Luckily, many rehab centers accept insurance or offer payment alternatives for strapped patients
Enrolling and payment for treatment
Once you’ve selected a Los Angeles rehab center to go to, enrolling in their program is as simple as making a phone call, or submitting an online form through their website, if you prefer. Either way, you’ll get in touch with the staff, where you can then ask them questions to cement your decision. You can ask them some key questions like:
- Is the facility certified by an addiction treatment regulatory agency?
- Do they offer medical detox?
- What kind of aftercare services do they provide?
- Do they provide residential or outpatient treatment?
- Does the facility treat dual diagnosis or co-occurring mental health disorders?
- Do they take insurance?
- When can they provide available space available for you?
- Can you schedule a tour?
Now, a common obstacle patients face when getting treatment is the cost. The good news is that most insurance policies often cover drug or alcohol rehab in partial or full. This is thanks to the Affordable Care Act, which requires health insurance to cover substance abuse treatment. Of course, it would still depend on your insurance provider and your chosen treatment. Check first with both the rehab facility and your insurance company beforehand.
However, if insurance can’t cover it or only pay for a portion of it, other payment options are available. You need only ask:
- Is there a sliding scale for low-income patients?
- Are there payment plans available?
- Are there scholarships offered?
The staff can then walk you through their available options to help you out regarding payment plans for your treatment.
A Los Angeles Rehab Center For You:
White Oak Recovery
Once you’re ready to take on the path to recovery from your addiction, follow our steps above to find a suitable rehab facility for yourself. And if you’re looking for a trusted Los Angeles rehab center, we at White Oak Recovery are ready to help you. We aim to give people a new beginning and a shot at freedom from addiction. We provide a serene and comfortable environment for your recovery. Plus, a highly skilled and compassionate staff that will assist you whenever you need help. Let’s talk, contact us today.